On any given night, more than 6,000 Canadian youths are homeless.
To help these vulnerable young people put their homelessness behind them and live safe, productive lives, the United Way Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington embarked on a mission to prevent and end youth homelessness in our region. To learn more, CLICK HERE.
- Youth Services Listing (2018)
- Youth Homelessness Report (January 2018)
- Youth Homelessness Report ( Summary)
- Youth Stories
- Youth Employment Strategy
Youth Homelessness Documents
Working closely with a steering committee and a youth committee, United Way of KFLA has been providing backbone coordination on a Youth Collective Impact initiative, Ending Youth Homelessness in Kingston and Area.
In 2014 a Community Plan to End Youth Homelessness in Kingston and Area was released. This plan was framed by the voice of local youth, with input from front-line service providers, funders, community members, youth. The Action Plan is included below and includes strategies with clear goals, objectives, implementation steps and timelines. An update has been added, which includes implementation, a theory of change, management and governance and a creative campaign to increase awareness about the issue. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-542-2674.
- Youth Homelessness Summary
- Transformational Gift ($1.2Million Gift)
- Implementation of the Plan (March 2016)
- Youth Homelessness Facts (November 2015)
- Youth Out Loud: Taking Action to End Homelessness
in Kingston and Area (October 2014)