In addition to the annual campaign the United Way has established a permanent Endowment Fund to provide donors the option to invest in the future. United Way is a vital force in our community, providing support 365 days a year to residents in KFLA.
Whatever challenges face our community, we want our United Way to be able to continue to work with the community on root causes, address these issues and provide the necessary support.
Eternity Fund Community
If you have already made a provision for United Way in your estate plans, please let us know so we can make sure you are part of the Eternity Fund Community.
By sharing this information with us,
- we can help to ensure your gift can be accepted and used as intended so we can make sure that the appropriate gift structure, acknowledgement and instructions are captured as per the terms of your gift
- we can advise you on any special considerations or issues related to your gift plan that may need to be addressed so that your gift is eligible for charitable tax receipt
- most importantly, by joining the Eternity Fund Community, you allow the United Way to thank you and celebrate your generous gift plans for United Way, inspiring others to participate
The United Way Eternity Fund
The Endowment Fund was set up in 1982 to provide donors with an option to continue their tradition of caring and invest in the future. When individuals leave a bequest to the endowment fund, the money is invested and the principal preserved in perpetuity. The income earned is used to support essential services and programs, ensuring an endowed gift will benefit future generations.
There are many ways in which you can leave a lasting legacy through the Eternity Fund.
- A bequest in your will: Making a bequest in your will is one of the easiest ways you can contribute to the Eternity Fund. You can leave a fixed amount of money, a particular asset or a portion of your estate.
- A gift of life insurance: A gift of life insurance will allow you to leave your estate to your family and still invest in the future of your community. When you designate the Eternity fund as the owner and beneficiary of either your new or existing life insurance policy, you will receive a charitable donation receipt for either the premiums paid or the cash surrender value.
- Other gifts: You can also donate securities, real estate or RRSPs. Check with your financial advisor or the United Way on how you can benefit from tax savings with these options.
We’re Here to Help
We’d be pleased to meet with you or your professional advisor to discuss your gift and how you can make a lasting impact for generations to come. Your gift to the Eternity Fund will ensure that United Way’s tradition of caring continues – both today and forever – in this wonderful community we call home.
Download the Eternity Fund Rack Card and complete the form to request more information or contact the United Way Office at 613-542-2674.