All funding is disbursed to programs and services that fit within United Way’s three Community Impact Areas.
- Download the 2018 Funded Programs information
- Learn how far the value of your donations goes! Download Impact Storybook.
Helping Kids Be All They Can Be
Helping children and youth reach their fullest potential
Our goal is to ensure children and youth are valued and supported members of the community with opportunities and resources to help them reach their fullest potential.
Our programs and initiatives for children and youth help them reach their full potential. We focus on:
- Readiness to learn
- Graduating high school
- Empathy and positive relationships
- Resilience, coping skills, self-worth and confidence
- Healthy decision making
Building Strong and Healthy Communities
Supporting personal wellbeing and strengthening neighbourhoods
Our goal is to improve opportunities for people to access programs and supports that empower them to overcome barriers, build resilience, reduce isolation and be part of a caring, inclusive community.
Our programs and initiatives help individuals and families, supporting personal well-being and strengthening neighbourhoods in the following areas:
- Access to community services and supports
Physical & Mental Wellbeing
- Independent living for seniors & people with physical disabilities
- Support for people with mental health issues
- Safety from violence, abuse, neglect
Moving People From Poverty to Possibility
Meeting basic human needs and moving people out of poverty
Our goal is to help people engage in their community by strengthening neighbourhood revitalization efforts, reducing poverty, and improving access to affordable housing.
Our programs and initiatives meet basic human needs, move people out of poverty and focus on:
- Access to emergency shelter
- Access to safe, affordable housing
- Resources and supports to maintain safe and stable housing
- Access to affordable and nutritious food
- Financial security
- Meaningful, stable employment